It’s making its way to the East Coast by way of RVA!! Wheelchair Lacrosse is an exciting new sport for those seeking a little more of a challenge.
- Players are known as defensemen, middies, attacks and goalies
- 8 Players on each side including goalies (2 defensemen, 3 mid, 2 attack, 1 goalie)
- Each team must have 3 players in their defensive half and 2 in their offensive half
- Standard sticks are to be used and range from 40-56 inches in total length. Goalies may use standard goalie heads. Defenseman only will be allowed to use sticks up to 56 inches in total length.
- Only two defensive sticks on the court at any time.
- Two 20 minute halves. Each team gets two 45 second time-outs and two 15 second situation substitution time-outs per half
2018 dates are TBD
For more information, please call 804-340-2991.
Important: You must have a Sportable Athlete Membership before you can register for our sports programs. Please visit our Membership page to sign up to become a Sportable member.
Shooters Indoor Sportsplex
6140 Brad McNeer Pkwy
Midlothian, VA 23112
Lee grew up playing lacrosse outside of Philadelphia. After moving to Richmond, Lee coached for 10 years with the Geronimo program before coaching for the Collegiate School. She has volunteered with the Sportable program for 4 years.
Individuals ages 13 and up with a physical disability* and an interest in the sport of lacrosse.
Please make sure that all athletes have filled out the Waiver & Release of Liability Form and the Medical Information Form. Both can be found in our Form Archives. Please turn in forms at first sport session.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 804. 340. 2991
*The majority of Sportable programs can be adapted for all levels of physical ability, including those individuals who are ambulatory or use a manual or power wheelchair. Sportable reserves the right to hold your registration and place you on a waiting list until we can determine if accommodations for your participation can be made.