A groundbreaking new adaptive sport, Wheelchair Lacrosse is making its way to the east coast via RVA! Wheelchair Lacrosse is an exciting opportunity for those seeking new challenges in a fun team environment.
- Players are known as defensemen, middies, attackers and goalies
- 8 Players on each side including goalies (2 defensemen, 3 middies, 2 attackers, 1 goalie)
- Each team must have 3 players in their defensive half and 2 in their offensive half at all times.
- Standard sticks are to be used and range from 40-56 inches in total length. Goalies may use standard goalie heads. Defenseman only will be allowed to use sticks up to 56 inches in total length.
- Only two defensive sticks on the court at any time.
- Games consist of two 20 minute halves. Each team gets two 45 second time-outs and two 15 second situation substitution time-outs per half.
Mondays, June 10th-August 19th and Wednesdays July 24th-August 14th
Regionals 2019: July 19th-21st
Nationals 2019: August 22nd-25th
For more information, please call 804-340-2991.
Important: You must have a Sportable Athlete Membership before you can register for our sports programs. Please visit our Membership page to sign up to become a Sportable member.
Shooters Indoor Sportsplex
6140 Brad McNeer Pkwy
Midlothian, VA 23112
Individuals ages 13 and up with a physical disability* and an interest in the sport of lacrosse.
Please make sure that all athletes have filled out the Waiver & Release of Liability Form and the Medical Information Form. Both can be found in our Form Archives. Please turn in forms at first sport session.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 804. 340. 2991
*The majority of Sportable programs can be adapted for all levels of physical ability, including those individuals who are ambulatory or use a manual or power wheelchair. Sportable reserves the right to hold your registration and place you on a waiting list until we can determine if accommodations for your participation can be made.