Volunteers are a KEY component to all aspects of Sportable. Our athletes and sports programs highly depend on the enthusiasm and commitment of its volunteers. Sportable serves individuals ages 5 and up who have a physical or visual disability. Prior experience in sports and/or working with people with physical disabilities is not required to volunteer, but, of course, it can be helpful. Diagnoses may include, but are not limited to spinal cord injury, spina bifida, cerebral palsy, amputation, visual impairment, muscular dystrophy, and other physical limitations that require adaptations and/or modifications for full participation in sports. Volunteer Orientation & Disability Etiquette Training is offered once a month, and is required for all Volunteers who wish to participate with our athletes.
READY! SET! GO!
Now that you’re at the starting line…there are a few steps to advance you to the “Sportable Volunteer” Level.
- Complete the volunteer application below.
- Complete the Sportable Liability Waiver and Confidentiality Agreement Form in our Form Archive
- Register for the next Orientation Training Session here. It is required for all new volunteers to attend a 1 hour Orientation Training. Completed forms can be returned at orientation or mailed to Sportable – ATTN: Alecia McConnell at 1365 Overbrook Road, Suite 2, Richmond, VA 23220.
- We recommend attending a seasonal sports training if new to any particular sport program, which takes place at the start of each Sports Season.
- See below for current list of volunteer opportunities.
For additional information about Volunteering with the Sportable Team, please contact:
email@example.com or 804. 340. 2991
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Archery – Wednesdays – April 4th- May 9th, 2018 4pm-6pm Register Here
Cycling- Tuesdays – March 20th-May 8th, 2018 6pm-7:30pm Register Here