The Sportable TEAM is “small” but MIGHTY and we are passionate about sports and creating opportunities for individuals with physical and visual disabilities to be active in RVA…our athletes are ROCKSTARS!! We are seeking team members that are actively engaged in sports and recreation themselves with a strong desire to share that with others! If you are energetic, have a positive mindset, can flourish in a dynamic work environment with a strong base of personal reserves, AND have the ability to inspire and motivate others—Sportable has all that and MORE to offer!!
Position: Sportable Athletic Director
Posting Date: 2/9/2017
Description: Sportable is seeking a highly motivated, energetic individual to join their team. The Athletic Director position will be a key member of the Sportable team with a responsibility of managing all aspects of Sportable sport programming. The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership skills with the ability to lead and mentor a dynamic team of Program Directors; will be detail oriented and highly organized; will be comfortable representing the organization throughout the Richmond community and sharing their “Sportable story;” and will be driven to help Sportable achieve their 2020 Vision of becoming a Gold Level USOC Paralympic Sport Club.
Full Description: Sportable Athletic Director Job Description
Sportable has two internship positions available per semester or season: Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. Application schedules are as follows and can be flexible based on an individual’s academic calendar.
Each internship position listed below requires an outgoing, self-motivated individual who possess effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Each position will require weekend and evening work surrounding our program schedule. To apply, please indicate the specific internship position of interest and send application (link to pdf), as well as cover letter, resume and other position-specific materials listed to:
Cat Anthony, Operations Director
- Provide general program management to include tracking of attendance, volunteer hours, payments/registrations, survey results and administration, etc.
- Update databases weekly as instructed by Program Staff
- Onsite program support for identified programs, based on season
- Create and lead special event or training based on season and personal interest
- Carrying out general program management for assigned sports, determined by season.
- Weekly emails to athletes and volunteers
- Load equipment and make any necessary preparations 1 day in advance
- Development and coordination of lesson plans with coaches
- Coordinate travel information for programs as appropriate
- Administrating and tracking of pre and post assessments
- Other responsibilities include day to day operational support deemed priority by Executive Director and Program staff
- Special Events and Grassroots Fundraising Coordination
- Maintain regular social media postings with current program, event, athlete, volunteer, partner, community, and industry information
- Coordinate execution of marketing material distribution based on Marketing Plan
- Provide support to Development Committee for fundraising events and mailings
- Assist with duties related to Board management
- Assist with Grants Management Tracking and Reporting
APPLY: (For Intern Position)
Applications will be reviewed and you will be contacted only if selected for a phone or personal interview. No phone calls please. Sportable does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law